Poster Competition For children and young people ages 3-16
We are looking for talented young artists to design an eye-catching poster to celebrate the reopening of Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery in Spring 2019, and encourage children and their families to visit. Taking inspiration from Pitzhanger Manor, located in the centre of Ealing, and the story of its most famous resident, Sir John Soane, the winning design will be used to promote Pitzhanger.
Pitzhanger Manor was built as a family country house over 200 years ago by Sir John Soane, a famous Regency architect. Soane lived there for 10 years with his wife Eliza, his sons John and George and their much loved dog, Fanny. When he was younger, Sir John travelled around Italy where he saw and admired lots of classical buildings. He used them as inspiration for the design of Pitzhanger, where he even built a pretend set of Roman ruins in his garden and painted the ceiling in the breakfast room to look like the open roof of the famous Pantheon temple in Rome!
Over the last three years we have been working hard to restore the house. We open next spring and look forward to welcoming you at Pitzhanger; your visit might even inspire you to become an artist or architect!
- You must be 16 years old or under and have the permission of your parent or guardian to enter.
- Your design should be original, made on white A4 paper and portrait formatted.
- Entries should be sent to: Poster Competition, Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery, Mattock Lane, W5 5EQ
- Please include your name, age, your parent or guardian’s name and signature, address, a contact telephone number and an email address. Please note we cannot accept submissions by email.
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, January 21st 2019 by 5pm. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
- Prizes will be awarded to the following age categories: 3-6; 7-11; 12-16.
- Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org